Geelong Regional Libraries is currently undertaking a review of its Friends of the Library program within the context of our new Library Plan 2021-25 and our COVID-19 recovery. As such, we are not accepting new Friends at this time.
If you have a current Friends of the Library membership, this has automatically been extended until 31 December 2021 at no additional cost to you. Prior to this date, we will be in touch with our members to let them know of our plans for Friends of the Library and their future options.
Please refer to the Member Benefits section on this page for the most up-to-date benefits available to you as a Friend of the Library (please be aware that some benefits may be impacted by COVID-19 restrictions).
We are very grateful to our existing and past Friends and partners, and thank you for your support. We will be sure to update you as soon as we have more information.
If you would like to support the important work of Geelong Regional Libraries, you can make a tax-deductable* donation; please email us at email@example.com.
As a Friend of the Library we invite you to enjoy a number of benefits both within our libraries and when you visit our cultural precinct partners and other supporters.
• Priority booking at Special Events, Author Encounters and Open Mind Lectures at Geelong Library & Heritage Centre.
• 20 per cent discount on Word for Word National Non-Fiction Festival tickets
• 20 per cent discount on Geelong Regional Libraries' paid ticketed events at Geelong Library & Heritage Centre
• 20 per cent discount on Geelong Regional Libraries merchandise
• 10 per cent discount on food and beverage at Public café at the Geelong Library & Heritage Centre (not to be used in conjunction with any special offer or discounted offer; excludes private events & public holidays)
• 25 per cent discount on ticketed exhibitions at the Geelong Gallery
• 25 per cent discount on National Wool Museum admission fees
• 10 per cent discount in the National Wool Museum Shop (excluding sale and consignment items)
• 10 per cent discount at The Book Bird, Geelong West (excludes sale items, stationery and self-published titles)
• 10 per cent discount at The Bookshop, Queenscliff (discount not available in conjunction with other offer)
• 10 per cent discount at Dymocks Geelong (Market Square and Westfield)
• Subscription to the Friends of the Library e-News
With the valuable help from our Friends we can keep on helping our community in the many ways only we can:
• Building reading and literacy and a love of literature in the region’s next generation.
• Delivering on significant history and heritage projects preserving the region’s past.
• Offering a huge number of lifelong learning opportunities to people of all ages and interests.
• Delivering excellent collections to meet the needs of our community.
• Ensuring a digitally inclusive future.
And so much more….
Becoming our Friend is easy – we promise!
Our Friends will receive an annual Friend of Geelong Regional Libraries membership card to enable access to many benefits and they will be acknowledged for their support on our website and in our annual report.
Annual Friends’ subscription: $55 (single) or $75 (family).
Two year subscription $100 (single) or $140 (family).
Geelong Regional Libraries would like to sincerely thank the following organisations for their support of the Friends of the Library program.